• Hello Guest
Search
April 20, 2018, 12:51:33 PM

Author Topic: Load|Sample|Delete (3-10-12 Salmon St. Studios) Featuring CinderVomit & Puskara  (Read 2896 times)

March 11, 2012, 09:22:36 AM

Grei

• Elite Doofer
  • Triplag Music
    • DJ Waater Official Website
FIRSTIES!

Killer party all, thank you for allt he hard work! The deco was amazing..the people even better..it was nice to get some trance on for awhile and just "let go" for a change after so long.

Thank you for making this possible Ren, Glasper, Colin, and all the crew involved. You guys totally did a great job. It's nice to see our crazy little family back together again. The morning light dance was a treat indeed.

Cinder's set was very surprising..all most as much as my confusion put to clarity with Puskara/Puoskari! haha :)

Can't wait for the next one.
Music, Arts, Trance Culture, Diversity, and Life.
Triplag MusicIndigo / Waater.us
March 12, 2012, 02:50:18 AM
Reply #1

psyren

• Elite Doofer
Thank you Cinder Vomit and Puskara for coming to portland and playing amazing music!!!  Thank you Secret Society and Amber and Gorilla Dust and Inflatable Elvis!!!  Thank you Josh Spair, Cactus Bath, Kimberlily, Polar, and Intergalacterrorist!!!  Thank you Dancers for supporting the event and filling up the Dance Floor!!!  Thank you Rocket for letting us use your amazing venue!!! Thank you Shepherd, for working the door when it got late and convincing the dancers that did not want to donate anything to donate!!!     8) Thank you anyone else who i may have forgotten to thank!!! 8)     I have pictures and video, and will post it to here soon!    ;D
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 03:00:36 AM by psyren »
soundcloud.com/antidentity
triponacci.bandcamp.com/music
March 12, 2012, 05:47:02 PM
Reply #2

Adam off the deep end

• Inexperienced Dancer
  • Howl 06', God that feels good.
I had an exceptional time  :)  For those that put this on;  I can't thank you enough for stepping up.
"Life is the continuation of existence, yet no thing endures.  We are all patterns, seeking to propogate.  Patterns which bring other patterns into being, then vanish, as if we've never been."  - David Brin
March 12, 2012, 06:42:32 PM
Reply #3

*Jamie*

• Elite Doofer
Wow I think I have recovered enough to write a review. 

Musically, my mind was blown.  While I was a bit nervous for Cinder's set considering how crazy I have heard it is, but I was really impressed.  It wasn't like super fast crazy in a bad way, it was super fast super psychadelic in an amazing blow my mind kind of way.  I was able to let myself be fully immersed in it, and dang it was good. 

Secret Society and Gorilla Dust sounded superb coming after as well, and I got my major dance on and somehow managed to stay awake until late morning. 

I had an awesome time with all of awesome friends, and I feel once again so so happy to know so many amazing wonderful people.

Thanks guys!  Looking forward to the next one!
March 12, 2012, 07:39:34 PM
Reply #4

Stephanie

• Seasoned Stomper
Now that was some good fun! I too was a little concerned that the music was going to be too fast to be danceable. That was so not the case. I really got a good dance on and was completely immersed in the music. Really looking forward to 'taking it outside' .  Hopefully we have one or two more of these before summer.

Thanks to the organizers and DJs!
March 12, 2012, 08:46:02 PM
Reply #5

bex

• Elite Doofer
  • Lover of Psytrance
I really enjoyed puskara's music, then I got really tired. I think I only heard one or two songs of Cinder's set and my body was feeling too old, tired and creaky. Sorry we just slipped out, everyone was dancing and stuff, so we quietly crept away in the night.

Great to see everyone, thanks for putting this on!! :)
March 13, 2012, 07:52:44 AM
Reply #6

cinderVOMIT

• The Reality Master General
  • Seasoned Stomper
  • You've been baaaad!
    • Quantum Frog Records
big thanks to everybody involved with this event. I TOO was a bit concerned going in to this lol, but it's so great to see that this was well recepted. Nothing but amazing things to say about all the people that got down. Superb sets from EVERYbody!

Loved Gorilla's Encore! I can't wait to be back in the Northwest Outdoor styleeeeee.

Thanks again!
Akashik | Anomalistic | Rockdenashi | Tantrumm
March 13, 2012, 05:04:39 PM
Reply #7

squee.isme

• Elite Doofer
  • Ohm shakalaka shakalaka chika bOhm
Thank you, Ren, for facilitating one of the best weekends of the year for me.  seeing some of my favorite out of staters and spending a long 4 days with them made me shine like a star.  the event was really nice and, as always, cinder blew my mind with his live set.  great music all around, i loved puskara's set as well, but was really happy with every beat that i heard! 

it was really nice talking with and meeting glasper a little more, you are an awesome guy, and your energy is so welcome! 

also, of course, thanks to everyone else who did so much work to make this happen, it was wonderful!
March 13, 2012, 05:07:50 PM
Reply #8

Asheeley

• Shlam Dancer
  • Elite Doofer
  • Ahh! After 10,000 years I'm free!
Great review thread guys!  Glad to hear about all the awesome.  Sorry to have missed it but the coast called and Portland was pissing me off.  lol.  I def hope to catch Cinder this summer.  I have lots of fun following him on SoundCloud.

Thanks to Cinder and puskara for keeping my room as untidy as I left it too.   :)  And for the little gifts!  Dinosaur hologram and cute buttons!!  F-YEAH!  Please visit the Dugga Dugga Inn again! 
.     xXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx
      XXXXXX   Catsup    XXXXXxxxxXXo
      XXXXXX    R.I.P.      XXXXXxxxxXXoo
      xXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx            OoOoooo....
March 13, 2012, 09:04:00 PM
Reply #9

bex

• Elite Doofer
  • Lover of Psytrance
Am I missing something, did you move into the room at the think tank? What is a dugga dugga inn? I know nothing these days, but I did meet Bob so we can still be friends.  :)
March 14, 2012, 01:25:45 AM
Reply #10

Nina

• Elite Doofer
Yes,thank you everyone that made this happen! I had a phenomenal time gettin down to Cinder's and Puskara's beats.It was a treat getting to hear some killer fast music I can still dance to! Exceptional music from everyone!

I was glad to see the venue opened up so there can be 2 rooms! Towards the end of the night I was kinda impressed with the venue staff,they seemed to lighten up after a while. And thank you Glasper and Ren for talking to the staff about the room,we seriously needed that!!!!!!! 8)

I cant wait for the outdoors.

Yay for after-party pancakes!

March 14, 2012, 09:26:38 AM
Reply #11

Gorilladust

• Administrator
  • Elite Doofer
    • Gorilladust.com
Had a blast! It was excellent to hang out with people I enjoy and listen to some fine music. What more can you ask for!?! I enjoyed the music throughout the entire night enough that I never returned to the downtempo room after Kimberly was finished, even though they had that fine city view in there. Was a little worried about the music being too speedy, but turned out to not be the case. Both Cinder and Puskara played great stuff, Amber & Bob sounded excellent, and SS was as entertaining as ever!

Thanks for a fine evening (& those pancaked hit the spot, Nina!)
March 16, 2012, 02:38:51 AM
Reply #12

psyren

• Elite Doofer
March 16, 2012, 02:43:25 AM
Reply #13

psyren

• Elite Doofer
March 19, 2012, 10:58:30 AM
Reply #14

cinderVOMIT

• The Reality Master General
  • Seasoned Stomper
  • You've been baaaad!
    • Quantum Frog Records
Super happy to see such a good response to my sound lol. I can say that i was a bit concerned....WAY TO GO PORTLAND! You proved to me that this music can in fact be played indoors lol. Ren, you rock. Thanks for bringing me indoors and for letting me experience the foot clans secret hideout! Hope to blast outdoors in 4D with you all some time...a lil bird told us that we are going to be living a lot closer to you all very soon!
Akashik | Anomalistic | Rockdenashi | Tantrumm