• Hello Guest
Search
April 25, 2018, 01:41:19 AM

Author Topic: The TRAKTOR Thread  (Read 1281 times)

October 27, 2012, 12:02:29 PM

A'damn

• Goa
  • Elite Doofer
  • The Emperor Strikes Back
    • goaconstrictor.com
(so we don't need to continue in an event thread)

Post questions, tips, tricks, feedback, comments, everything regarding TRAKTOR!
> GoaConstrictor.Com | TeacherAdam.Com | The Tales of Fried Kale <
de gustibus non est disputandum
October 27, 2012, 12:05:08 PM
Reply #1

A'damn

• Goa
  • Elite Doofer
    • goaconstrictor.com
Becky,
Did you move your music files?
If you add tracks to Traktor and then move them to a new area, you need to relocate those tracks. They will not show up if they cannot be found.

If they are being found and you just have no audio playing (meaning: you see the tracks and wave forms displayed in the viewer but just don't hear anything being broadcast), you have soundcard issues and need to make sure that is working.
Go into preferences and make sure that you have the proper device selected. If it is, then check the soundcard settings/drivers. If it's not selected, that would be a problem =)
October 27, 2012, 12:13:29 PM
Reply #2

A'damn

• Goa
  • Elite Doofer
    • goaconstrictor.com
Monkey,
I understand about the flipping through the book thing. I was one of the last vinyl holdouts because I found my brain could more easily remember vinyl than CDs. A 12" with two tracks, one on each side, is easier to remember what I want to hear than a random CD with 10 tracks. It just takes a bit of time to learn.

Also, I didn't really get used to Traktor until I learned what method of track organization works best for me. I still cannot just scroll through an endless list of tracks and find what I want. For each gig, I create a new playlist and as I prepare for the gig, I add random tracks that I really think would fit for that gig, into that playlist. So when I get to the gig, I have already compiled a semblance of ideas for the gig. Normally it is far longer than required for the show, but I know that I don't need to be overloaded with more stimulus than needed while playing.

I really love putting together mixed CDs and creating custom journeys that are more than a random selection of tracks. The mixes tend to be specific stories that are woven together and I put the same craft and thought into gigs that I take now. I turn down most gigs that are offered to me, so when I choose to accept one, I can dedicate some special love to that show. If I was playing out more regularly, my methodology probably wouldn't work as well, as I doubt that I would have the time to properly build these playlists.

Just thought I would share what works for me though.

Also, finding the right controller really helps. If you use the wrong controller with Traktor, it kind of sucks.

I like Traktor because I always know what mixer I am using. Even the Haltya/Terrafractyl show had a Pioneer mixer. I fucking hate those things and would much rather use my internal mixer. That said, if I show up and there is a nice Xone:92, I can route my soundcard to two channels on there and use that instead of the built-in mixer. Which is a nice option =)
October 27, 2012, 12:39:37 PM
Reply #3

bex

• Elite Doofer
  • Lover of Psytrance
When my sound card is connected and on the audio output, the tracks won't play at all. When I switch the audio output to my computer speakers it sounds all distorted and crappy, my speakers are bad but not that bad. The tracks are imported, it's not that. Maybe I need to check the sound card drivers. I'll do that when I have time which may be in oh...three years.  :D :D Which is cool, or maybe the baby will like it, that would be ideal.
May 25, 2013, 04:48:16 PM
Reply #4

Grei

• Elite Doofer
  • Triplag Music
    • DJ Waater Official Website
So- I updated this 4-deck midi mapping for my MIDI controller so it would work with Traktor 2.6.0
I also fixed one of the knobs on Deck D so it would function properly.

DJ Tech i-Mix Reload MK2
http://traktorbible.com/freaks/mappingview.aspx?id=620

:) Cheers
Music, Arts, Trance Culture, Diversity, and Life.
Triplag MusicIndigo / Waater.us
May 28, 2013, 06:44:14 PM
Reply #5

squee.isme

• Elite Doofer
  • Ohm shakalaka shakalaka chika bOhm
becky, it sounds like you may have your sample rate at the wrong level.  check in your audio settings and try 44.1 kilohertz.  when you are sampling improperly, it does some crazy stuff to your audio. 

I don't know whats going on with your audio card though, that should work.  I was able to find drivers for that thing, and it was necessary to install them, so go to the website and download those and you should be good.

May 31, 2013, 10:35:18 AM
Reply #6

Grei

• Elite Doofer
  • Triplag Music
    • DJ Waater Official Website
becky, it sounds like you may have your sample rate at the wrong level.  check in your audio settings and try 44.1 kilohertz.  when you are sampling improperly, it does some crazy stuff to your audio. 

I don't know whats going on with your audio card though, that should work.  I was able to find drivers for that thing, and it was necessary to install them, so go to the website and download those and you should be good.

Yeah, and update your drivers ;) That can generally help. Audio settings differ soundcard to soundcard. If you keep having issues, call the manufacturer of the soundcard. It's what I do. :)
Music, Arts, Trance Culture, Diversity, and Life.
Triplag MusicIndigo / Waater.us