• Hello Guest
Search
October 16, 2018, 02:10:19 PM

Author Topic: Evolution - Psytrance/Techno Monthly  (Read 5129 times)

May 14, 2013, 01:59:19 PM
Reply #45

willsanquil

• Elite Doofer
hi everyone :) thanks to everyone for coming out to show support and dance to some good tunes!  We had a fantastic time, IMO it was the best sounding Evolution ever :)  Byron and Jordan played great sets and I had a lot of fun playing as well

However...we only had ~30 people show up due to their being no less than 3 other EDM events in and around PDX that night, plus I was away in California the week before so I didn't get to do the street promotion I wanted to that might have brought a few more people in.  I sent Red Room a message about it the day after the event and I'm 95% sure that their silence is indicative of them not wanting to continue to host Evolution there anymore - especially considering they have been posting other events and whatnot since I sent them the message.  Understandable, if 2/3 of the shows you throw at a place lose them money it's not in their interest to continue doing it. 

Evolution will be Evolving to a different format.  We are going to plan 2-4 parties per year instead of a monthly format, for various reasons.  I enjoy the monthly format but it's often the case that people have the attitude of 'oh I'll just go to the next month's installment' - I know I did that a couple of times with Catsup.  This will give us the space to plan better parties with bigger budgets and more thought put into them and allow excitement for them to build...plus if there are other events we're not tied to a '2nd saturday' type situation with a venue which might have us throwing a show that no one attends.

Hey, it's outdoor mode now anyways!  I want to dance under the sun and stars in the forest and not in bars with Mono sound systems.  and who knows, if we find a particularly awesome venue for after the summer months we might return to a monthly or bi-monthly.

Thanks again to everyone who has come out to these events - there will definitely be more - bear with us as we find the best format :)
May 15, 2013, 06:43:36 PM
Reply #46

Malaclypse

• Doomshi Gashi
  • Elite Doofer
That's too bad, but good timing I suppose. I enjoyed every one, and I'm glad I got a chance to hear Tasp finally.
Thanks for the run, you guys!
May 16, 2013, 10:34:17 AM
Reply #47

willsanquil

• Elite Doofer
smaller run than we would have liked - but we will definitely be back :) thanks for the support!
May 16, 2013, 10:46:09 AM
Reply #48

Nina

• Elite Doofer
It's a shame they were so quick to dismiss it, you would think they would understand that other things are happening.
But it was a good run, and i'm looking forward to the outdoor fun! Many thanks to you and Aurora, Evolution is always a good time =]
May 17, 2013, 05:07:54 PM
Reply #49

willsanquil

• Elite Doofer
woah! 

just got news from red room....we are back on track!  June 8th will be the next Evolution!

Did not expect to get a reprieve from this last show but they are on board for more events and they want to help us promote by paying for some handbills/flyers :) 

if anyone is interested in distributing any flyers or handbill type things, please get in touch and when they come around we will get them to you.

Totally surprised by this turn of events but more than happy to keep throwing shows

onwards and upwards!
May 17, 2013, 08:34:29 PM
Reply #50

byron

• Bad guy
  • Elite Doofer
  • Does this microscope make my butt look big?
May 17, 2013, 10:31:59 PM
Reply #51

bex

• Elite Doofer
  • Lover of Psytrance
 ;D We are just too nice, they can't say no. Shoot last time I tipped two bucks for water b/c I wasn't drinking, the turnout was low, and that iced lemon water was really good.
May 18, 2013, 01:25:42 AM
Reply #52

byron

• Bad guy
  • Elite Doofer
  • Does this microscope make my butt look big?
I tipped for my hamburger and then it was so freaking good I went back and gave her more money and also said nice things on Yelp.