• Hello Guest
Search
October 16, 2018, 02:43:38 PM

Author Topic: NewB Art  (Read 1369 times)

November 09, 2013, 11:14:41 AM

ANTSinAtRANCe

• Dancefloor Observer
  • Go-Ah!
Hello to anyone who's alive and kickin'! I finally am able to make posts here after some trouble in the past. Some of you may remember me as Shane the guy with the bright orange tent from the CAPTHARSIS party a while back :) Anyways I just took some photos of a couple recent art pieces and thought I'd share with some like minded people as a way to introduce myself to the Forum. The two tone one is called "random collapse" and the more colorful is called "apple of my eye" done in UV reactive paint.

Hope you guys like 'em

~Shane
November 09, 2013, 12:55:03 PM
Reply #1

byron

• Bad guy
  • Elite Doofer
  • Does this microscope make my butt look big?
Nice! Love actual painted stuff. Psychedelic physical art FTW.
November 10, 2013, 04:10:58 PM
Reply #2

ANTSinAtRANCe

• Dancefloor Observer
  • Go-Ah!
Thanks! I'll be posting more as I create them, I just got some neon construction paper that I'm going to put into action. I like the clean lines you get when cutting and pasting, plus its ten times faster than doing a sketch in pen then going back over it with paint, although since its now fall I'll have plenty of rainy days to work with :)
November 10, 2013, 07:40:12 PM
Reply #3

byron

• Bad guy
  • Elite Doofer
Agreed on the cutouts. I hate the coverage I get from most UV paint.  The actual color and the phosphorescent material often seem to separate. Sometimes you get it just right in regular light and then turn on the blacklight and it still looks splotchy. Wide areas to paint are a pain in the ass, which is probably why I appreciate it all the more when it works out.

Problem with the paper cutouts, is that if they are not properly sealed they are much more easily damaged and warped in moist outdoor weather.  Maybe a think coat of poly urethane would do the trick. May have to try that.
November 14, 2013, 04:57:51 PM
Reply #4

ANTSinAtRANCe

• Dancefloor Observer
  • Go-Ah!
Yeah blotchy UV paint really looks like crap under the blacklight! I wonder if I can laminate larger cutout pieces on the thermoplastic shuttle press we are about to get at work :) That would be pretty rad. BTW I saw that big flaming backdrop of yours out in the forest and it was pretty cool. I woulda liked to take some photos but didn't want to set off any more cop suspicions than necessary ::)
November 14, 2013, 10:00:45 PM
Reply #5

byron

• Bad guy
  • Elite Doofer
Lol, thats alright. the cops got their pictures the next day while we were cleaning up.  ::) Never got a fine though.  ;D